Congratulations and welcome to the UMaine Black Bear Community! We’re thrilled that you will be joining us soon!
Wondering What To Do Next?
- Confirm your Enrollment!
To reserve your place at UMaine, please complete the confirmation form that was included with your acceptance letter and return it with your $150 deposit. You can also call the Admissions Office to pay your deposit over the phone with a credit card. At this time, confirmation deposits cannot be paid online. Your confirmation deposit is the key to receive important new student information.
- For students starting in the fall semester:
The confirmation deposit is due by May 1st, or within two weeks if you are accepted after this date. Enrollment deposits may be refunded upon written request through May 1st. (Deposits are not refundable after this date.)
- For students starting in the spring semester:
The confirmation deposit is due by January 1st, or within two weeks if you are accepted after this date. Enrollment deposits may be refunded upon written request through January 1st. (Deposits are not refundable after this date.)
- Activate your Accounts
Students accepted to UMaine should plan to regularly check their university email and MaineStreet portal. This is how you will receive important information from Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and other campus offices.
- Apply for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be received by the federal processing center by March 1st to receive priority consideration. Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information about applying for financial aid. Check out UMaine’s 2015-2016 FAFSA page for tips and other helpful information about filing.
- Need copies of the information that came with your acceptance letter?
Make plans to attend New Student Orientation
Our two-day New Student Orientation
provides students with the information they need as they transition from high school student to college scholar. Start planning your fall schedule with assistance from deans, members of the faculty and current students.
New Student Orientation is typically in mid-June. Final dates are announced in late spring.
Welcome to UMaine! Move-In Day is Friday, August 28, 2015. Volunteers will be on hand to help you move in during the day. Once here, there’s so much you can do.
- Get involved. Choose from more than 200 diverse clubs and organizations.
- Cheer for the Black Bears. Regular season home games are free with your MaineCard. For schedules, rosters and more info, visit goblackbears.com.
- Get moving. Hike, bike and ski on 15 miles of campus trails, or paddleboard and kayak on the Stillwater River.
- Gaze at the stars. The state-of-the-art Emera Astronomy Center opens this fall, with a 33-foot dome and a 20-inch reflector telescope.
- Be creative. The new Wyeth Family Studio Art Center has studios for painting and printmaking, and the Innovative Media Research and Commercialization (IMRC) Center has a laser cutter, 3-D printer and video-production studios.
If you have any questions about moving in, contact Residence Life at (207) 581-4801.
Frequently Asked Questions for Incoming Transfers
UMaine knows you have questions about transferring and each personal question comes with a unique set of answers. Our FAQ section addresses questions about transferring grades, registering for classes and making your first move into a residential college program.
Image Description: Orientation