Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships
These $3,000 annual scholarships are offered by the University to new students with demonstrated talent in art, music, theatre and dance. They are renewable for up to a total of 8 semesters, provided the student meets the renewal criteria specified for each award.
- Requires a statement discussing the student’s work and interest in the Visual Arts.
- Requires submission of a digital portfolio of 10 – 15 JPEG images of the student’s work for portfolio review.
- Students should submit both statement and portfolio via email to email@example.com.
- Scholarship students must enroll in one of UMaine’s art majors (Studio Art, Art Education, History of Art) as their major or one of their double majors.
- Students must verify that they are interested in the VAPA Music Performance scholarship with the Music Division (phone: 207-581-4703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) so they can be added to the VAPA database.
- Students must be nominated for this scholarship to the Music Department by a music teacher or music director or be observed in performance by a Music Department faculty member.
- Scholarship students must participate each semester in an ensemble that is approved by the Chair of the Division of Music.
- Please note: auditions, while not required for the Music Performance Scholarship, are required for students wishing to enroll in music major.
- If you wish to complete your admission as a music major (Music, Music Education, Music Performance), auditions are arranged through the Music Division, to schedule a music audition, please contact Kerry Davis, email@example.com or 207.581.4703.
- Students wishing to be considered for the scholarship should email UMtheatrescholarship@maine.edu to identify their interest in the VAPA Theatre Arts scholarship.
- Students must be nominated to the Theatre department by a drama instructor or audition in person or via digital recording. Contact Kerry Davis, 207.581.4703.
- Scholarship students must enroll as a theatre major as their major or one of their double majors.
- Scholarship performers must audition for all theater productions produced by the department.
- Scholarship technicians must take on one tech role in a production each academic year.
- Students wishing to be considered for the scholarship should email firstname.lastname@example.org to identify their interest in the VAPA Dance Performance Scholarship.
- Students must audition in person or via digital recording for a Dance Performance Scholarship. Contact Kerry Davis, email@example.com or 207.581.4703.
- Scholarship students must participate in at least one main stage dance concert each year.
- Scholarship students must participate in at least one dance ensemble.