Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships
These $3,000 annual scholarships are offered by the University to new students with demonstrated talent in art, music, theatre and dance. They are renewable for up to a total of 8 semesters for new first-year students and for up a total of 4 semesters for transfer students, provided the student meets the renewal criteria specified for each award. In order to be eligible to receive these scholarships students must submit a complete application for admission by December 1 (the Early Action deadline date).
University of Maine Art Scholarship
- Requires a statement discussing the student’s work and interest in the Visual Arts.
- Requires submission of a digital portfolio of 10 – 15 images of the student’s work.
- Students should submit the statement via email to email@example.com with 10 – 15 attached JPEG images for the portfolio review.
- Scholarship students must enroll in one of UMaine’s art majors (Studio Art, Art Education, History of Art) as their major or one of their double majors.
University of Maine Music Performance Scholarship
- Students may be nominated for this scholarship to the Music Department by a music teacher or music director or be observed in performance by a Music Department faculty member. Recommendations from music teachers should be sent to Beth Wiemann, Chair of Music, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship students must participate each semester in an ensemble that is approved by the Chair of the Division of Music.
- Please note: auditions, while not required for the Music Performance Scholarship, are required for students wishing to enroll in a music major.
- If you wish to complete your admission as a music major (Music, Music Education, Music Performance), auditions are arranged through the Music Division. To schedule a music audition, please contact Kerry Davis, email@example.com or 207.581.4703.
University of Maine Theatre Arts Scholarship
- Students wishing to be considered for the scholarship should email UMtheatrescholarship@maine.edu to identify their interest in the scholarship.
- Students may be nominated to the Theatre department by a drama instructor.
- Students wishing to audition in person or via digital recording for a Theatre Arts Scholarship should contact Kerry Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.581.4703.
- Scholarship students must enroll as a theatre major as their major or one of their double majors.
- Scholarship performers must audition for all theater productions produced by the department.
- Scholarship technicians must take on one tech role in a production each academic year.
University of Maine Dance Performance Scholarship
- Students interested in the scholarship and wishing to audition in person or via digital recording for a Dance Performance Scholarship should contact Kerry Davis, email@example.com or 207.581.4703.
- Scholarship students must enroll as a dance minor.
- Scholarship students must participate in at least one main stage dance concert each semester.
- Scholarship students must participate in at least one dance ensemble.