University of Maine System Adult Degree Completion Scholarship
The University of Maine System (UMS) has created an Adult Degree Completion Scholarship fund for Maine residents who are returning to school to complete their academic studies. These funds are dedicated to support adult students who are residents of Maine returning to college after an absence of at least two (2) years or more and who are completing their very first associate or baccalaureate degree. Applicants may qualify for up to $4,000 per academic year for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters.
In order to apply, students can complete an online application. Below is a list of qualifying criteria to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine.
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMaine System institution seeking a first associate or baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate re-entry student who has experienced a gap of two (2) years or more in the pursuit of post-secondary education
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward a college degree
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be registered at least part time; 6-8 credits per semester, at a UMaine system institution
The scholarship opens May 1 for full academic year funding consideration and November 1 for spring semester. There are two scholarship application deadlines each academic year:
September 1 – to be considered for a full academic year beginning in the fall semester
January 1 – to be considered for a spring semester award
*All applications received after these dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All renewal applications are due annually no later than September 1 of each year. Students will need their UMaine student information to complete the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship application form.
As a potential UMaine student interested in the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship, we suggest that you contact Tessa Smith and Lori Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is available on the University of Maine System Adult Degree Completion Scholarship website. Or you can check out the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship online brochure.