UMaine Online Flagship Scholarship Program 2020-2021 for First-Year Students
UMaine is pleased to offer the Online Flagship Award for out-of-state first-year students enrolling in one of UMaineOnline’s undergraduate degree programs. The Online Flagship Award is for full-time students planning to enroll in 15 credits. Students will be awarded based on the combination of their Academic Credentials, their Residency and enrollment as a degree candidate in one of UMaineOnline’s undergraduate degree programs.
To qualify for an Online Flagship Award first-year students must submit a completed application by March 1. Filing a FAFSA is not required to receive the Flagship Match, but students are encouraged to file a FAFSA by March 1 in order to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid funds.
Students who qualify for the New England Board of Higher Education (NEBHE) regional student program are not eligible for a Online Flagship Award. Please see our NEBHE Award information for First-Year Students.
Please note: Any change to a student’s tuition status will result in adjustment of financial aid, including scholarships. This includes any waiver program or reciprocity agreement that results in non-resident students being charged the online or resident tuition rate.
High School GPA: Minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
Test scores: SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math of 1120+ or
ACT Composite of 22+
High School GPA: Less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
Test scores: SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math of less than 1120 or
an ACT Composite of less than 22
2020-2021 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
General Scholarship Information
- Awards are renewable for up to a total of 8 semesters, provided that the student meets renewal criteria.
- Awards are disbursed in two equal installments, one at the beginning of the fall semester and one at the beginning of the spring semester, as credit toward the student’s tuition account.
- The award must be used within a period not to exceed five years.
- Student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (see Office of Student Financial Aid for more information).
- Student must maintain at least part-time enrollment (no less than 6 graded credit hours per semester) at their current tuition status leading to an undergraduate degree at UMaine.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the UMaine Online Flagship Award or a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for the UMaine Online Leadership Award as measured each academic year at the end of the spring semester.
Enrollment Based Adjustments
UMaine’s financial aid awards are based on the assumption that a student will enroll in 15 credits per semester. Aid will be reduced for students who enroll in fewer that 15 credits. Award adjustments are based on enrollment levels of 15+ credits (100%), 12-14 credits (85%), 9-11 credits (70%), and 6-8 credits (50%).
Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid’s website for additional information regarding enrollment based adjustments.
Scholarship Reconsideration Information
First year applicants may provide updated transcripts and/or SAT/ACT scores to be condiered for possible scholarship reconsideration until May 1. Incoming students who believe they qualify for reconsideration should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.