Fall Open House Program
Attending the Fall Open House Program is one of the best ways for prospective students (first-year or transfer) and their families to check out what UMaine has to offer. The all-day event includes opportunities to meet faculty representatives, learn about campus services, tour academic and student life programs and attend our football home game. Our Fall Open House Program will be held in the New Balance Field House.
|9-10 a.m.||Check-in & Academic Displays
New Balance Field House
|10-11 a.m.||Academic Presentations and Tours
Depart from the Field House
|11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||The Maine Event
|12:15 a.m and 1:15 p.m.||UMaine Presentations and Tours
Dates & Online Reservations
Click on the date below to register for the event.
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Attending students and guests may reserve tickets through the Open House online registration above for the following:
UMaine Football vs Elon University
Saturday, November 17, 12:00 p.m.
Tickets for Open House attendees will be available for pick up upon check-in in the Field House beginning at 9 a.m.
Directions to the New Balance Field House
2 Flagstaff Road
Orono, ME 04469
Traveling north on I-95: Take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Turn left onto Route 2 at the traffic lights. Proceed to the third set of lights and then go straight for about two miles. At the roundabout, take the Rangley Road exit/campus entrance. Bear left at the fork and you will see the CCA and Belgrade parking lots. Guests will be directed by staff to the New Balance Field House.
Traveling south on I-95: take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive 1.6 miles and turn left onto the Munson Road campus entrance. Follow Munson Road for about .3 miles, then turn right onto Sebago Road. Follow the signs for the event parking. From the CCA and Belgrade parking lots, guests will be directed by staff to the New Balance Field House.
Visitors may park at the Alfond Arena or Alfond Stadium lots in front of the New Balance Field House. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event and parking at the Alfond area parking lots. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area in the Field House upon request.
- Plan on arriving by 9 a.m. to allow time for parking, check-in, preview academic programs and participation in the academic tours/presentations beginning at 10 a.m.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email email@example.com