Food and Agriculture Open House Program
Students interested in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Environmental Horticulture, Food Science and Human Nutrition, and Sustainable Agriculture are invited to the Food and Agriculture Open House Program at The University of Maine. This Open House Program is scheduled on Thursday, July 26, 2018, and will be held in Nutting Hall. The program will include an overview of the programs and tour of the academic facilities. Visit the School of Food and Agriculture website for more information about the academic programs.
|1 – 1:30 p.m.||Check-In & Welcome
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||Program Overview
Room 100, Nutting Hall
|2:30 – 4:00 p.m.||Facility Tours
Depart from Nutting Hall
Dates and Registration
To attend the Food and Agriculture Open Hosue Program, please click on the date below:
Directions to Nutting Hall
201 Nutting Hall
Orono, Maine 04469
Due to major road constructions, the Rangley Road campus entrance will be closed during this program. Please follow the directions below.
Traveling north on I-95: Take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Turn left onto Route 2 towards Downtown Orono. Proceed to the third set of lights and then turn left onto College Avenue. Drive .5 miles and turn right onto the campus entrance. Follow Munson Road for .3 miles and then turn right onto Sebago Road. Turn right onto Grove Street.
Traveling south on I-95: Take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive one mile and turn left onto the campus entrance. Follow Long Road for about .5 miles, then turn right onto Flagstaff Road. Continue on Munson Road and then turn left onto Grove Street.
Students and guests may park at the Deering Lot in front of Nutting Hall. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event and parking at Deering Lot. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area at Nutting Hall.
- Plan on arriving by 1 p.m. to allow time for parking and check-in.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate gear. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator, or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org