Homecoming Open House Program
Attending the Homecoming Open House Program is one of the best ways for prospective students (first-year or transfer) and their families to check out what UMaine has to offer. The all-day event includes opportunities to meet with faculty representatives, learn about campus services, tour academic and student life programs, and attend our Homecoming football game and Craft Fair. Our Homecoming Open House Program is held in the New Balance Student Recreation Center.
|9-10 a.m.||Check-in & Academic and Student Organization Displays
New Balance Student Recreation Center
|10-11 a.m.||Academic Presentations and Tours
Depart from the Recreation Center
|12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.||UMaine Presentations and Tours
|See specific times for each event||The Maine Event
Dates & Online Reservations
Click on the date below to register for the event
Football Game and Craft Fair Tickets
Attending students and guests may reserve tickets through the Open House online registration above for the following:
UMaine Football vs UAlbany
Saturday, October 27, 1:00 p.m.
Homecoming Craft Fair
Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
New Balance Memorial Field House
Tickets for Open House attendees will be available for pick up upon check-in at the University Mall beginning at 9 a.m.
Directions to the New Balance Student Recreation Center
Orono, ME 04473
Traveling north on I-95: Take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Turn left onto Route 2 at the traffic lights. Proceed to the third set of lights and then go straight for about two miles. At the roundabout, take the Rangley Road exit/campus entrance. Signs will be posted directing guests to the event location and parking.
Traveling south on I-95: take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive 1.6 miles and turn left onto the Munson Road campus entrance. Signs will be posted directing guests to the event location and parking.
Visitors may park at the Recreation Center and Hilltop parking lots. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area upon request.
- Plan on arriving by 9 a.m. to allow time for parking, check-in, preview academic programs and participation in the academic tours/presentations beginning at 10 a.m.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear as this event will be held outdoors. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email email@example.com