Homecoming Open House Program
Attending the Homecoming Open House Program is one of the best ways for prospective students (first-year or transfer) and their families to check out what UMaine has to offer. The all-day event includes opportunities to meet faculty representatives, learn about campus services, tour academic and student life programs, and attend our homecoming football game and craft fair. Our Homecoming Open House Program is held outdoors on the University Mall.
|9-10 a.m.||Check-in & Academic Displays
Location: University Mall
Rain Location: New Balance Student Recreation Center
|10-11 a.m.||Academic Presentations and Tours
Depart from the University Mall
|11:15 a.m and 12:15 p.m.||UMaine Presentations and Tours
|11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||The Maine Event
Dates & Online Reservations
Click on the date below to register for the event
Football Game and Craft Fair Tickets
Attending students and guests may reserve tickets through the Open House online registration above for the following:
UMaine Football vs URI
Saturday, October 14, 3:30 p.m.
Homecoming Craft Fair
Saturday, October 14, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
New Balance Memorial Field House
Tickets for Open House attendees will be available for pick up upon check-in at the University Mall starting at 9 a.m.
Directions to the University Mall
2 Flagstaff Road
Orono, ME 04469
Traveling north on I-95: Take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Turn left onto Route 2. Proceed to the third set of lights and then go straight for about two miles. Turn left onto the UMaine campus entrance just before the Bangor Savings Bank. Bear left at the fork and you will see the CCA and Belgrade parking lots. Guests will be directed by staff to the University Mall.
Traveling south on I-95: take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive one mile and turn left onto the UMaine campus entrance. Follow Long Road for about .5 miles, then turn right onto Flagstaff Road. From the CCA and Belgrade parking lots, guests will be directed by staff to the University Mall.
Visitors may park at the CCA or Belgrade lots in front of the Collins Center for the Arts. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event and parking at the CCA or Belgrade Lots. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area at the University Mall.
- Click here for more information about UMaine’s Homecoming 2017 including the Alumni Association Craft Fair and other activities.
- Plan on arriving by 9 a.m. to allow time for parking, check-in, preview academic programs and participate in the academic tours/presentations starting at 10 a.m.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear as this event will be held outdoors. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email email@example.com