Open House Programs
Attending an Admissions Open House Program is one of the best ways for prospective students (first-year or transfer) and their families to check out what UMaine has to offer. The all-day event includes opportunities to meet faculty representatives, learn about campus services, tour academic and student life programs and much more. Below is a typical schedule of our Open House Programs.
Dates & Online Reservations
Directions to the New Balance Field House
From the South on I-95: take exit 191 to Kelly Road and turn right. Continue on Kelly Road for 1 mile until you reach the traffic light, then turn left onto Route 2 and go through downtown Orono. Cross the river. Turn left at the lights onto College Avenue. Continue on College Avenue past the steam plant to the next University of Maine sign. Turn right onto Long Road.
From the North on I-95: take exit 193 to Stillwater Avenue and turn left. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive one mile and turn left onto the UMaine campus (Long Road).
Visitors may park at the Alfond Stadium and Alfond Arena parking lots in front of the New Balance Field House. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area.
- Plan on arriving by 9 a.m. to allow time for parking, check-in, preview academic programs and participate in the academic tours/presentations starting at 10 a.m.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate gear. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator, or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org