School Group Tours
School Campus Tours generally start at the Collins Center for the Arts unless otherwise specified by the group tour contact person. The program generally lasts 90 minutes and includes stops at the student recreation center, a sample residence hall room, a classroom, the library and student union. Shorter group tours may be arranged but with limited stops. We request that school group tours have at least one chaperon for every 20 students. Some activities require chaperon participation.
School Group Tours are only offered Monday through Friday between 9.30 am – 3 pm (except holidays and university student breaks) during the fall and spring academic session. Advanced online registration is required.
Very Important Note: On the first screen of the online registration, please click 1 attendee. You will then be asked for the number of students and chaperons on the next screen.
Directions to the Collins Center for the Arts
2 Flagstaff Road
Orono, ME 04469
Traveling north on I-95: take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Proceed to the third set of lights and then go straight for about two miles. Turn left onto the UMaine campus entrance just before the Bangor Savings Bank. Bear left at the fork and you will see the Collins Center for the Arts.
Traveling south on I-95: take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive one mile and turn left onto the UMaine campus entrance. Follow Long Road for about .5 miles, then turn right onto Flagstaff Road.
Buses or vans may drop off students at the Buchanan Alumni House or specified meeting location. A Visitor Center staff member will typically greet the school group in the buses before drop off. School bus or van may be used for a portion of the tour. Parking passes and specific parking information will be provided upon arrival.
- Encourage school group tour participants to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear. Please let us know when you register if any group members will need special accommodations as this is a brisk walking tour.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your school group tour to allow time for parking and check-in.
- If you are interested purchasing lunch on campus for your group, please contact Sally Clark at 207-581-4506 to make arrangements to purchase lunch tickets. If your school is tax exempt you will need to provide that information when you call.
- If you wish to arrange a college or specific tours or information sessions, please refer to Enhanced Tours web-page for contact information.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator or to print a map of the campus.
- For more information or further assistance, please email Priscilla Dimitre, Graduate Assistant for Group Tours at email@example.com