Students walking on the campus mall

Congratulations on Confirming Your Transfer to UMaine!

Now that you have confirmed your transfer to UMaine, here are your next steps and some helpful links!

As a new transfer student it is important for you to talk with an academic advisor to learn how your transfer credits will count toward your UMaine degree requirements and sign up for classes.

Students can learn more on the Financial Aid website.

Head on over to the bookstore to pick up your books or order them online!

Explore and experience campus either in person or virtually by taking one of our tours.

The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID.

Whether you are coming to the University of Maine by bus, car or motorcycle, you’ll discover our campus is easy to access and close to public transportation. Check out the UMaine Parking Services website to plan your trip to campus, to learn about the requirements of bringing a car or motorcycle with you, and for help in meeting your transportation needs. 

UMaine Housing provides living solutions for students with 19 residence halls all over campus as well as flexible living options.

The Commuter Lounge is located in the Wade Center (Room #150) on the ground floor of the Memorial Union. It is both a study and social lounge reserved for commuter and non-traditional students.

The Office of Student Financial Aid is committed to helping you obtain a quality education at an affordable cost. Our goal is to ensure that you have the information you need to make the best decision about financing your education at UMaine

As a University of Maine student, Scholarship Universe, a scholarship-matching platform, can connect you with hundreds of UMaine scholarships and thousands of outside/private scholarships, based on your eligibility.

Please direct billing questions or payment plan assistance requests to the office of Student Business Services at 207.581.1521 or

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as Amended, The University of Maine will not release student grades, schedules, or financial aid information to parents, spouses, or others, unless written permission is given by the student.

All non-international undergraduate students enrolled in 9 credit hours or more and graduate students enrolled in 6 credit hours or more are eligible to enroll in the University of Maine System’s voluntary health insurance plan.For questions about the student insurance coverage or enrollments, please log into Gallagher Health or call Gallagher Student Health at 833-882-3592.