Congratulations and welcome to the UMaine Black Bear Community for Spring 2017! We’re thrilled that you will be joining us soon! Wondering what to do next?
Confirm your Enrollment
Transfer students starting in Spring 2017 will need to make a $150 enrollment deposit by January 1, 2017 in order to reserve their space at UMaine. You can pay with a credit card by calling the Office of Admissions during regular business hours.
Activate your Accounts
Students accepted to UMaine should plan to regularly check their university email and MaineStreet portal. This is how you will receive important information from Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and other campus offices.
Apply for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information about applying for financial aid. Check out UMaine’s 2016-2017 FAFSA page for tips and other helpful information about filing.
Make plans to attend New Student Orientation
Orientation for new students starting in the spring semester is on Sunday, January 15, 2017. Invitations and full details are typically send out in early December. For more information, visit go.umaine.edu/orientation.
Move-in for new students starting in the spring semester is one Sunday, January 15, 2017. Once here, there’s so much you can do.
- Get involved. Choose from more than 200 diverse clubs and organizations.
- Cheer for the Black Bears. Regular season home games are free with your MaineCard. For schedules, rosters and more info, visit goblackbears.com.
- Get moving. Hike, bike, and ski on 15 miles of campus trails, or paddleboard and kayak on the Stillwater River.
- Gaze at the stars. The state-of-the-art Emera Astronomy Center opens this fall, with a 33-foot dome and a 20-inch reflector telescope.
- Be creative. The new Wyeth Family Studio Art Center has studios for painting and printmaking, and the Innovative Media Research and Commercialization (IMRC) Center has a laser cutter, 3-D printer, and video-production studios.
If you have any questions about moving in, contact Residence Life at 207.581.1420.
Frequently Asked Questions for Incoming Transfers
UMaine knows you have questions about transferring and each personal question comes with a unique set of answers. Our FAQ section addresses questions about transferring grades, registering for classes and making your first move into a residential college program.