Congratulations and welcome to the UMaine Black Bear Community! We’re thrilled that you will be joining us soon! Wondering what to do next?
Confirm your Enrollment
Students entering in the Fall 2017 will need to make a $300 enrollment deposit by May 1, 2017 in order to reserve their space at UMaine. You can pay with a credit card by calling the Office of Admissions during regular business hours.
Activate your Accounts
Students accepted to UMaine should plan to regularly check their university email and MaineStreet portal. This is how you will receive important information from Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and other campus offices. You can find steps on how to activate your accounts on the Portal website!
Apply for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information about applying for financial aid. Check out UMaine’s 2016-2017 FAFSA page for tips and other helpful information about filing.
Make plans to attend an Accepted Student Day
If you’re coming for fall semester attending an Accepted Student Day is a great way to get acquianted with campus! This all-day event will feature presentations on what incoming students need to know about their upcoming college experience at UMaine.
For more information, visit our Accepted Student Day page!
Make plans to attend New Student Orientation
Orientation for new students starting in the fall semester is held in June. Invitations and full details are typically sent out in early May.
For more information, visit our Orientation page!
Move-in for new students starting in the fall semester is on Friday, August 25, 2017 for fall semester. Once here, there’s so much you can do.
- Get involved. Choose from more than 200 diverse clubs and organizations.
- Cheer for the Black Bears. Regular season home games are free with your MaineCard. For schedules, rosters and more info, visit goblackbears.com.
- Get moving. Hike, bike, and ski on 15 miles of campus trails, or paddleboard and kayak on the Stillwater River.
- Gaze at the stars. The state-of-the-art Emera Astronomy Center opens this fall, with a 33-foot dome and a 20-inch reflector telescope.
- Be creative. The new Wyeth Family Studio Art Center has studios for painting and printmaking, and the Innovative Media Research and Commercialization (IMRC) Center has a laser cutter, 3-D printer, and video-production studios.
If you have any questions about moving in, contact the First Year Center at 207.581.1420.
Frequently Asked Questions for Incoming Transfers
UMaine knows you have questions about transferring and each personal question comes with a unique set of answers. Our FAQ section addresses questions about transferring grades, registering for classes and making your first move into a residential college program.