Welcome to Black Bear Nation!
Next Steps for Admitted First-year Students
Step 1: Pay your Enrollment Deposit
Students entering in Fall 2020 will need to make a $50 enrollment deposit by May 1, 2020, in order to reserve their space at UMaine. You can pay online using the “Pay My Deposit” link on your MaineStreet student center.
Step 2: Activate your Accounts
Students accepted to UMaine should plan to regularly check their university email and MaineStreet portal. This is how you will receive important information from Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and other campus offices. You can find steps on how to activate your accounts on the Portal website.
Step 3: Join Class of 2024 Facebook Page
Meet your classmates, connect with current UMaine students, and explore what life is like on campus and the surrounding area.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information about applying for financial aid. Check out UMaine’s 2020-2021 FAFSA page for tips and other helpful information.
You can submit your online Housing Application on the Housing website.
Step 6: Sign up for Navigate
Navigate is a free mobile app that will help you thrive at the University of Maine. On Navigate you can view your class schedule, reminders, resources, and more at the push of a button!
Step 7: Make plans to attend New Student Orientation
Orientation for new students starting in the fall semester will be held Virtually. You can sign-up for upcoming live sessions and view pre-recorded sessions. For more information, visit our Orientation page.
Step 8: Get your MaineCard ID
Students can learn more on the Financial Aid website.
Step 10: Take your Math Placement Exam
All new students need to take the Math Placement Exam and is available 24 hours after you activate your MaineStreet account!
Step 11: Submit your immunization records
Students should mail or fax copies of their immunization documents to:
Shared Processing Center
PO Box 412
Bangor ME 04402-0412
Fax: (207) 581-5451
Step 12: Submit your Final High School Transcript to the Admissions Office
Move-in for new students starting in the Fall 2020 semester is going to be staggered from Monday, August 24 to Sunday, August 30. If you have any questions about moving in, contact Housing at email@example.com or 207.581.4580. Once here, there’s so much you can do.
- Get involved. Choose from more than 200 diverse clubs and organizations.
- Cheer for the Black Bears. Regular season home games are free with your MaineCard. For schedules, rosters and more info, visit goblackbears.com.
- Get moving. Hike, bike, and ski on 15 miles of campus trails, or paddleboard and kayak on the Stillwater River.
- Gaze at the stars. The state-of-the-art Emera Astronomy Center opens this fall, with a 33-foot dome and a 20-inch reflector telescope.
- Be creative. The new Wyeth Family Studio Art Center has studios for painting and printmaking, and the Innovative Media Research and Commercialization (IMRC) Center has a laser cutter, 3-D printer, and video-production studios.