Welcome to Black Bear Nation!
Next Steps for Admitted First-year Students
Step 1: Pay your Enrollment Deposit
Students entering in Fall 2023 will need to make a $175 enrollment deposit by May 1, 2023, in order to reserve their space at UMaine. You can pay online using the “Pay My Deposit” link on your MaineStreet student center.
Step 2: Activate your Accounts
Students accepted to UMaine should plan to regularly check their university email and MaineStreet portal. This is how you will receive important information from Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, and other campus offices. You can find steps on how to activate your accounts on the Portal website.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
To be considered for financial aid, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information about applying for financial aid. Check out UMaine’s 2023-2024 FAFSA page for tips and other helpful information.
You can submit your online Housing Application on the Housing website.
Step 5: Sign up for Navigate
Navigate is a free mobile app that will help you thrive at the University of Maine. On Navigate you can view your class schedule, reminders, resources, and more at the push of a button!
Step 6: Sign up for our Facebook Group
Meet fellow accepted and prospective Black Bear students, connect with current UMaine students and get excited to be part of UMaine’s Class of 2027
Orientation for new students starting in the fall semester is to TBD. For more information, visit our Orientation page.
Step 8: Sign up for an RLE
Our Research Learning Experiences (RLE) give you experiences early that can open your mind to different ways of learning and unlock doors to many different horizons.
Step 9: Get your MaineCard ID
Students can learn more on the Financial Aid website.
Step 11: Take your Math Placement Exam
All new students need to take the Math Placement Exam and is available 24 hours after you activate your MaineStreet account!
Step 12: Submit your immunization records
Students should mail or fax copies of their immunization documents to:
Shared Processing Center
PO Box 412
Bangor ME 04402-0412
Fax: (207) 581-5451
Step 13: Submit your Final High School Transcript to the Admissions Office
Move-in for new students starting in the Fall 2023 semester is TBD. If you have any questions about moving in, contact Housing at email@example.com or 207.581.4580. Once here, there’s so much you can do.
- Get involved. Choose from more than 200 diverse clubs and organizations.
- Cheer for the Black Bears. Regular season home games are free with your MaineCard. For schedules, rosters and more info, visit goblackbears.com.
- Get moving. Hike, bike, and ski on 15 miles of campus trails, or paddleboard and kayak on the Stillwater River.
- Gaze at the stars. The state-of-the-art Emera Astronomy Center opens this fall, with a 33-foot dome and a 20-inch reflector telescope.
- Be creative. The new Wyeth Family Studio Art Center has studios for painting and printmaking, and the Innovative Media Research and Commercialization (IMRC) Center has a laser cutter, 3-D printer, and video-production studios.