York County Community College – UMaine Transfer Agreements

UMaine is proud to work with York County Community College (YCCC) to encourage YCCC students to consider continuing their education by earning a bachelor’s degree at UMaine.

Below are programs supported by UMaine and YCCC that are available to YCCC students.


Participation in the AdvantageU program streamlines admission to UMaine for YCCC students graduating with an associate in arts degree in liberal studies.

Benefits of the agreement include:

  • Guaranteed admission at junior standing, when G.P.A. admission requirements are met.
  • Dual advising to ensure maximum transferability of community college courses.
  • Waiver of UMS application fees.

In many cases, students admitted to UMaine through AdvantageU are able to complete their baccalaureate degree within two years.

For more information about AdvantageU go to the University of Maine System’s AdvantageU web page.

UM/MECCC General Education Block Transfer

The Transfer Block is a defined set of general education requirements that transfer into all University of Maine System and Maine Community College System institutions. Students who complete all the requirements of the Transfer Block will have completed the bulk of their general education requirements at all of Maine’s public institutions. Maine’s universities may require up to additional 11 credits of general education credits specific to their program, or to a specific bachelor’s degree.   Completing the Transfer Block, however, does not guarantee admission to a particular university.  For more information consult your adviser at YCCC.

Reverse Transfer

YCCC students who decide to transfer to UMaine before completing their Associate’s degree may be able to transfer courses from UMaine back to YCCC to complete and earn their Associate’s degree from YCCC.  Students interested in a reverse transfer should contact their YCCC adviser for more information.

Please note: These agreements are frequently renewed and may at times be under renewal.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your academic adviser or the Transfer Office at YCCC or the UMaine Admission Office.