Homecoming Open House Program
Attending the Homecoming Open House Program is one of the best ways for prospective students (first-year or transfer) and their families to check out what UMaine has to offer. The all-day event includes opportunities to meet with faculty representatives, learn about campus services, tour academic and student life programs, and attend our Homecoming football game and Craft Fair. Our Homecoming Open House Program is held outdoors on the University Mall.
- Check-in & Academic Displays (9-10 a.m.)
- Location: University Mall
- Rain Location: New Balance Student Recreation Center
- Academic Presentations and Tours (10-11 a.m.)
- Depart from the University Mall
- The Maine Event (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Black Bear Picnic on the University Mall
- UMaine Departments and Student Organizations Info Fair
- Campus Recreation and Maine Bound Outdoor Activities
- Residence Hall Sample Room (open until 2 p.m.)
- UMaine Football vs. UAlbany (kickoff at 1:00 p.m.)
- Bookstore Open House (open until 4:30 p.m.)
- Bear Necessities Open House (open until 4 p.m.)
- Homecoming Craft Fair (open until 5 p.m.)
- UMaine Presentations and Tours (12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m.)
- General Campus Tour (additional tour at 2:15 p.m.)
- Honors College Tour
- Admissions and Student Financial Aid Presentation
- Transfer Student Session
- Residence Life Presentation
- Campus Activities Presentation
- Pre-Med Presentation
Dates & Online Reservations
Click on the date below to register for the event
Football Game and Craft Fair Tickets
Attending students and guests may reserve tickets through the Open House online registration above for the following:
UMaine Football vs UAlbany
Saturday, October 27, 1:00 p.m.
Homecoming Craft Fair
Saturday, October 27, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
New Balance Memorial Field House
Tickets for Open House attendees will be available for pick up upon check-in at the University Mall beginning at 9 a.m.
Directions to the University Mall
2 Flagstaff Road
Orono, ME 04469
Traveling north on I-95: Take exit 191. Turn right onto Kelley Road. Turn left onto Route 2 at the traffic lights. Proceed to the third set of lights and then go straight for about two miles. At the roundabout, take the Rangley Road exit/campus entrance. Bear left at the fork and you will see the CCA and Belgrade parking lots. Guests will be directed by staff to the University Mall.
Traveling south on I-95: take exit 193 and turn left onto Stillwater Avenue. Drive straight for one mile and turn right onto College Avenue. Drive 1.6 miles and turn left onto the Munson Road campus entrance. Follow Munson Road for about .3 miles, then turn right onto Sebago Road. Follow the signs for the event parking. From the CCA and Belgrade parking lots, guests will be directed by staff to the University Mall.
Visitors may park at the CCA or Belgrade lots in front of the Collins Center for the Arts. Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event and parking at the CCA or Belgrade Lots. However, parking passes are required for other lots on campus and are available at the check-in area upon request.
- Plan on arriving by 9 a.m. to allow time for parking, check-in, preview academic programs and participation in the academic tours/presentations beginning at 10 a.m.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate weather gear as this event will be held outdoors. Please let us know when you register if you will need special accommodations as the program includes walking tours around campus.
- If inclement weather is expected, please check UMaine’s Homepage for campus closure notification. You may also call 207.581.7669 for the most up to date campus updates. Bringing an umbrella and appropriate rain/cold attire is highly recommended.
- Click here for UMaine’s building directory, service locator or to print a map of the campus.
- For further assistance, please call the Admissions Office at 207.581.1561 or email firstname.lastname@example.org