Transfer to UMaine.
Your future starts now.
Transfer Admissions Deadlines
Transfer students interested in enrolling for the Fall Semester may submit their application at any time after October 1 prior to the fall semester they intend to enroll in. The 2024-2025 FAFSA should be completed as soon as the form becomes available (check with the Financial Aid Office for updates). UMaine’s FAFSA code is 002053.
March 1: Recommended Fall Transfer Application Submission Date
June 1: Transfer on-time FAFSA filing date. Deadline for transfer scholarship consideration. Nursing applications will be reviewed only on a space available basis after June 1
August 1: All transfer applications submitted after August 1 will be reviewed on a space available basis
Fall Semester classes usually begin the last week in August or the first week in September, for the exact date, check the Academic Calendar listed on the Student Records home page.
Transfer Students interested in enrolling for the Spring Semester are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible during the fall semester prior to the spring semester they intend to enroll in. UMaine should be added to the correct FAFSA when submitting an admission application. UMaine’s FAFSA code is 002053.
Spring admission to Nursing is on a space available basis.
November 15: Survey Engineering Technology applications complete after November 15 will be reviewed only on a space available basis.
January 1: Applications submitted after January 1 will be reviewed on a space available basis
Spring Semester classes usually begin in mid-January, for the exact date check the Academic Calendar listed on the Student Records home page.
- A completed application or reactivation form.
- An official high school transcript or GED or HiSET documentation, students with over 60 transfer credits may request a waiver of this requirement.
- Official college transcripts for all colleges attended.
- Recommendations are not required for transfer applicants, but will be considered if they are submitted.
PO Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402.
- Cumulative GPA 3.5
- Science GPA 3.0
- If under 60 transfer credits, high school transcript is required
- Equivalent Prerequisite Courses to complete prior to applying:
- All prerequisite courses must have a “C” or better (77.0% or equivalent)
- All transcript(s) required with application
- Require syllabi for all the STEM science courses
- Essay Required (please choose 2 prompt to respond to): https://go.umaine.edu/nursing-essay-trf/
- Prerequisite courses are preferred to be completed within 5 years. After 5 years, it’s at the discretion of the DEI committee and School of Nursing whether to accept it.
- If students attended more than one prior nursing program and did not meet school’s benchmarks, they would be ineligible to apply
- Students may have no more than two repeated STEM courses (This includes withdrawal on their transcript(s).
Kathryn, Robinson, Ph.D, MHA/Ed, RN
University of Maine
School of Nursing
5724 Dunn Hall, Rm 234
Orono ME, 04469