We recommend that Fall applicants apply by March and spring applicants apply by November so that they may register for courses during our current student registration period.
NOTE: Nursing applications are only accepted for the Fall semester. The application deadline for students wishing to transfer into the nursing program is June 1st.
Applying to transfer for Spring 2020
Transfer Students interested in enrolling for the Spring 2020 semester are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible. Applications submitted after January 1 will be reviewed on a space available basis. Classes begin on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Applying to transfer for Fall 2020
Transfer students interested in enrolling for the Fall 2020 semester may submit their application at any time after October 1. Transfer students are encouraged to submit their applications by February 1st for priority evaluation. Applications received by June 1st will be considered for transfer scholarships. Applications received after July 1 will be considered on a space available basis.
- Common Application
- Mobile Friendly Application
- ApplyMaine Application
- Reactivation Form for students who have previously applied to UMaine but did not enroll
- Reactivation Form for students who have previously applied to UMaine but did not enroll and are interested in applying for Spring 2019 for a degree in University Studies
Required Application Materials
- a completed application or reactivation form
- an official high school transcript or GED or HiSET documentation, students with over 60 transfer credits may request a waiver of this requirement.
- official college transcripts for all colleges attended
- standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) are encouraged from those who will have completed 2 full-time semesters or less of college work (or earned less than 30 college credits after graduating from high school).
- recommendations are NOT required for transfer applicants, but will be considered if they are submitted.
- Please note: application fees are not required for transfer students
AdvantageU participants must meet with their Maine community college transfer advisor to initiate an application to UMaine. Advantage U is a University of Maine System and Maine Community College Agreement.
All application material should be submitted online or to our University Processing Center, PO Box 412, Bangor, ME 04402.