We recommend that Fall applicants apply by March and spring applicants apply by November so that they may register for courses during our current student registration period.
Applying to transfer for the Spring Semester
Transfer Students interested in enrolling for the Spring Semester are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible. Applications submitted after January 1 will be reviewed on a space available basis. Spring Semester classes usually begin in mid-January, for the exact date check the Academic Calendar listed on the Student Records Home page.
Applying to transfer for the Fall Semester
Transfer students interested in enrolling for the Fall Semester may submit their application at any time after October 1 prior to the fall semester they intend to enroll in. Transfer students are encouraged to submit their applications by February 1 for priority evaluation. Applications received by June 1 will be considered for transfer scholarships. Applications received after July 1 will be considered on a space available basis. Fall Semester classes usually begin the last week in August or the first week in September, for the exact date, check the Academic Calendar listed on the Student Records Home page.
- Common Application
- Mobile Friendly Application
- ApplyMaine Application
- Reactivation Form for students who have previously applied to UMaine but did not enroll
- Reactivation Form for students who have previously applied to UMaine but did not enroll and are interested in applying for Fall 2020 for a degree in University Studies
Required Application Materials
- A completed application or reactivation form.
- An official high school transcript or GED or HiSET documentation, students with over 60 transfer credits may request a waiver of this requirement.
- Official college transcripts for all colleges attended.
- Recommendations are NOT required for transfer applicants, but will be considered if they are submitted.
- Please note: application fees are not required for transfer students.
AdvantageU participants must meet with their Maine community college transfer advisor to initiate an application to UMaine. Advantage U is a University of Maine System and Maine Community College Agreement.
All application material should be submitted online or to our University Processing Center, PO Box 412, Bangor, ME 04402.