We recommend that Fall applicants apply by March and spring applicants apply by November so that they may register for courses during our current student registration period.
NOTE: Nursing applications are only accepted for the Fall semester. The application deadline for students wishing to transfer into the nursing program is June 1st.
Applying to transfer for Spring 2018
Transfer Students interested in enrolling for the Spring 2018 semester are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible. Applications submitted after January 1st will be reviewed on a space available basis. Classes begin on Monday, January 22, 2018.
Applying to transfer for Fall 2018
Transfer students interested in enrolling for the Fall 2018 semester may submit their application at any time after October 1, 2017. Review of complete fall applications has begun. Transfer students are encouraged to submit their applications by February 1st for priority evaluation. Applications received by June 1st will be considered for transfer scholarships. Applications received after July 1 will be considered on a space available basis.
- Common Application
- Mobile Friendly Application
- Reactivation Form for students who have previously applied to UMaine but did not enroll
- Adult Online Short Application (for students 25 yrs or older)
Required Application Materials
- a completed application or reactivation form
- an official high school transcript or GED or HiSET documentation, students with over 60 transfer credits may request a waiver of this requirement.
- official college transcripts for all colleges attended
- a brief personal essay
- application fee or fee waiver
- the application fee is waived for all active duty service members and for former members of the US Armed Forces who were honorably discharged
- standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) are requested from those who will have completed 2 full-time semesters or less of college work (or earned less then 30 college credits after graduating from high school).
- recommendations are NOT required for transfer applicants, but will be considered if they are submitted.
AdvantageU participants must meet with their Maine community college transfer advisor to initiate an application to UMaine. Advantage U is a University of Maine System and Maine Community College Agreement.
All application material should be submitted online or to our University Processing Center, PO Box 412, Bangor, ME 04402.